Monday, March 16, 2009

Boys and Toads.

We went on an outing with some friends on Saturday and had a really nice ride up in some remote parts of the Arizona outback. Crossed several streams and bumpy sections, and the kids had a great time.


Amazing resilience.


Arianna has really taken to climbing. Trees, rocks, whatever...she likes a climbing challenge.


They loved playing in the creek with their friends Kaleb and Owen.



At some point one of the boys found this toad and Kohl took to it like nothing I've ever seen before. He's usually quite sheepish of things like this, but it was an instant bond.



He absolutely loved holding it and showing it to the other kids....you can see that Arianna (while not scared of it) was a little less impressed by the bumpy beast.



A Boy's first Toad



"But Papa...I love him"

Like I said, never seen him so stricken over something like this before. This pic was after I told him that we'd have to let it go...to get back to his home. He was really sad. But I just couldn't see Irene lovin the idea of a pet toad in the house. He eventually let it go with a promise to stop by the pet shop some day. We'll see.



3 comments:

Irene said...

That I wouldn't allow a toad in my house? Everyone knows that I love all things bumpy, wet, and slimy! I wish they had brought the toad home, but I do take the blame for this one. Honey you will never know how much I appreciate the time you take for the kids and the great pictures that capture those moments.

Bybee Family said...

Wow!! Those are beautiful pictures! What a great place to take the kids...So, did he keep the toad!!!! :O)

Beck said...

Spencer- you're the man for reading your wife's mind! What beautiful pics of the kids. Kohl was quite captivated by that toad...