Monday, January 5, 2009

"Christmas is over!"

Quite the touching moment this evening. As we were getting the kids ready for bed, Irene mention we'd be taking the Christmas decorations down soon. Kohl was immediately overcome with emotions and wept. You could tell that in his tender heart, he had really felt the joy of the Christmas season. The fun times spent together with family and friends, trips to the snow, the giving and receiving of gifts, the excitement in the air. For weeks now, after putting them down for bed, Irene and I would be downstairs and hear Kohl singing Christmas Carols to himself as he lay in bed.

Who wouldn't want that to end? Does it really have to?

Don't be surprised if you find the stockings still hung on Valentine's Day with cards stuffed to the brim. ;)

3 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Oh no poor thing! Ty and Ashlynn don't want to take Christmas down either. So sad:( He does make a pretty dang good sad face!

Joseph, Rossana and Samaya said...

Love the updates and pictures...Irene you're funny I was laughing with the "funeral" deal. Anyway, Kohlis makes me sad with that picture...and I'm so proud of him for his trophy..good job Kohl! Nana beautiful like always, y mi gordo precioso, ese chino..lindo;)

familia Bybaran said...

That is so adorable. I love Kohl and I am with him on this one. January always makes me a little weepy.

And may I congratulate you on your last few posts. I am so glad I checked in and saw your gorgeous kids. Seriously--gorgeous!