Monday, January 5, 2009

My 2 cents...

So Spencer wasn't at all happy to find out about the funeral. I thought he would laugh, but as he put it, "Irene, you are only funny about every 6 months." It is hard to get a good laugh out of that man and the blog did the total opposite. In any case, who would have thought that it would get him to post??? Victory!

We had great year I have to say. My long desired kitchen remodel came as a present from Santa and I can't be happier with it. So friends and family come and visit for some serious cooking. I got a lot of goodies from my friend Chuck (WS:-) from a Kitchen Aid to a food processor and little things in between. Thanks Spencer for putting up with all the orange and being such a good sport at the mall...husband of the year award goes to...drum roll please.

This year our Christmas tree was decorated with small picture frames and I had the kids draw pictures and write things in them. Kohl was very festive as usual drawing small trees and pictures of the family. Nana scribbled big circles and called them "big messy eggs." Brother was not one bit amused. But I love this new tradition. We will save the pictures with the tree till we replace them this year. It will help me keep a collage of their art work as it matures every year and also a reminder of what they were like each Christmas.

Here is a bit of what they said:

Your favorite food:
N: banana/oranges/pineapples
K: mashed potatoes (he forgot french fries)

fave toy:
N: My little pony
K: Transformers

fave friends:
N: All the Rachels (cousin, my (irene) friend Rachel, and Kohl's teacher...Nana is crazy)
K: Nolan and the cousins

Color
N: pink and purple
K: Red

Favorite thing to do
N: Help mama (right...)
K:

Favorite place to go
N: Restaurants
K: Cousin's house

Favorite place we visited:
N: "Dreams come True" in Disney world
K: Utah

1 comment:

familia Bybaran said...

What a great idea! So cute.